The League of Women Voters has been invited to join with the suffragist unit marching in the Fourth of July parade! Be sure to also sign up for a shift at the LWV voter registration booth!
Details from Doraine Bailey, Women’s Suffrage Centennial Celebration, Kentucky Woman Suffrage Project:
We are organizing a unit to celebrate Women's Suffrage in the 2019 Lexington 4th of July Parade. The Unit is primarily sponsored by Breaking the Bronze Ceiling. The Women’s Suffrage Centennial Celebration and Kentucky Woman Suffrage Project are co-sponsors.
If you really want to celebrate something this patriotic, why not march in the most patriotic parade we've got?
The parade itself is 2 pm on Thursday, July 4th, in downtown Lexington.
- Participants should be on site by 1:30 pm at the latest. We will be somewhere in the line-up on Midland avenue. Parade marshals on golf carts can help you find our unit.
- Participants can march or they can ride a flatbed tractor-trailer ‘float’.
- Participants are encouraged to wear white, but it does NOT need to be historic clothing. A Plain t-shirt and shorts are good, too.
- Sashes will be available to wear. They can also be purchased for $10 cash on-site to have your own to keep.
- Participants can carry suffrage banners or their own homemade signs with messages like 'Your Vote Counts' and 'Elections Have Consequences'.
Please share this email with your friends and members. Participants should sign up by JULY 1 athttps://signup.com/go/CCzfKoe.
The event is also on Facebook, which folks can share: https://www.facebook.com/events/1037330946437162/
If you have any questions, please email me at this address (firstname.lastname@example.org)